The Chartered Professional Accountants of Manitoba (CPA Manitoba) is a regulatory body that represents more than 9000 members, candidates and students. CPA Manitoba protects the public interest through rigorous educational and certification programs and ensures its members uphold the highest professional and ethics standards.
Reporting to the Manager, Member Services, the Coordinator, Member Services is responsible for planning, organizing, and executing numerous annual events ranging from convocation and member awards to conferences and sporting events. The Coordinator will also support other member services activities such as the member recognition program. Additional responsibilities include meeting room management and support of the PD program and classroom.
- Assist in the execution of all events
- Act as a key point of contact during events
- Work collaboratively with existing vendors and partners
- Engage with sponsors, speakers and special guests
- Liaise with a variety of internal departments to ensure event requirements are met
- Participate in pre-event and post-event planning meetings
- Provide support for the office meeting room bookings and room requirements
- Provide back-up support for the PD program and classroom
- Assist in engaging a variety of CPA member groups
- Provide support for the member recognition program and other member services activities
- 2-4 years of experience in coordinating events and project based work combined with a university or college diploma, or an equivalent combination of skills and experience
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership when planning and executing events
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with a variety of key stakeholders including members, colleagues, volunteers, board of directors, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat X
- Experience in project management
- Experience working in an association or not-for-profit environment is considered an asset
- An understanding or familiarity of the accounting and finance industry
- A working knowledge of member databases
- A highly organized, adaptable and detail-oriented individual who can manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines
- A “self-starter” who takes initiative in beginning or completing projects
- A creative and energetic individual who is willing to contribute ideas
- A team-player who strives to create a positive and collaborative working environment with a variety of stakeholders
- A strong communicator, both written and verbally
Due to the nature of the role, some evening and weekend work is required, as well as access to a vehicle. Physical lifting is also expected.
Please email a resume, cover letter, and salary expectations no later than Friday, August 4, 2017 . The cover letter must provide clear examples to indicate how they meet the education and qualification requirements.
Donovan Henzel, CPA, CMA
Click here to apply online.
We thank interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls requested.